Welcome to SOCAP19! To help you plan your daily agenda, every morning of the conference we’ll be sharing important updates and reminders of special SOCAP19 sessions and events happening across Fort Mason.
How to Pick Up Your Badge
Registration for SOCAP19 will open at 11 AM on Tuesday, October 22nd! Come to the registration desk at the entrance to Festival Pavilion to pick up your badge. Festival will not be fully open to attendees until 1 PM on Tuesday, but you are welcome to begin networking at the picnic tables in front of the building. Please note that lunch will not be served on Tuesday, but there are restaurants and coffee shops available on the Fort Mason campus.
Did you Get the Pathable App Yet?
To stay on top of your schedule throughout the day, we recommend that you download the Pathable app for iPhone or Android. The app offers easy access to session information and profiles of other attendees.
Set a Braindate at SOCAP19 Today
Braindate is a platform that will help you break the ice, make valuable connections, and start learning-focused conversations with other SOCAP19 attendees. Go to socap.braindate.com to create your profile, suggest topics, and schedule braindates with other attendees.
Learning concierges from e180, will be in the Braindate Lounge (located in the back of Festival) facilitating in-person connections and collecting stories about the experience throughout SOCAP19. Learn how braindates will transform learning at SOCAP19.
Visit the Beer Garden
Between 2 PM and 6 PM today, beer and wine will be available for sale in the courtyard in front of the Firehouse. Drink tickets cost $5 individually or purchase 5 for $20. Purchase drink tickets from a booth located near the entrance to Festival Pavilion.
Tuesday Plenary: A Global Movement That Matters to Millions
After all of the great breakout sessions happening across Fort Mason today, all attendees are invited to the first plenary of SOCAP19. This big conversation about the growing global impact movement will begin at 4 PM on the Cowell Theater Mainstage.
Inspiring announcements and updates from across issue areas and geographies will kickstart the convening of this global ecosystem and marketplace. Speakers include:
- Kanyon Sayers-Roods / Kanyon Konsulting
- Nick Glicher / Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Alexis Bonnell / U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Roy Steiner / The Rockefeller Foundation
- Sara Farley / The Rockefeller Foundation
- Anna Lappé / Real Food Media
- Debra Eschmeyer / Arizona State University
- Jennifer Schorsch / Water.org
- Tom Ferguson / Imagine H2O
- Rodrigo Villar / New Ventures
- Raúl Pomares / Sonen Capital
- Marcos Gonzalez / Vamos Ventures
- Rod Robinson / ConnXus
- Jonathon Cordero
Seating in Cowell is limited, so arrive early for a seat. Video of the session will be streamed live on a big screen in the Big Top Tent across from Festival Pavilion.
SOCAP19 Welcome Reception 6 PM – 9 PM
After the plenary ends, we’ll celebrate the beginning of SOCAP19 with an opening night reception featuring delicious, locally-sourced hors d’oeuvres by Acre Gourmet.
Share your favorite moments, quotes, and insights, with the global SOCAP community by using the hashtag #SOCAP19 in social media posts. Please share your inspiration and valuable takeaways with the thousands of social entrepreneurs, impact investors, and other members of the global SOCAP community around the world who are joining the conversation online.
We invite you to also share your #SOCAPStories! Stop by our #SOCAPStories booth to take a photo, share your experience at SOCAP19, and enter to win one of our VIP swag bags. The posts with the highest engagement will win, so share with your friends and colleagues! Please use hashtag #SOCAPStories in tweets or posts about why you’re at SOCAP19, what you’re most excited about, or what you hope to learn.
SOCAP19 Instagram Contest
Share your best #SOCAP19 photos on Instagram for your chance to win SOCAP swag! Share your pics and tag them with #SOCAP19! Follow us at @SOCAPmarkets.The images that get the most response will receive a SOCAP19 VIP Swag Bag! The winner will be announced Thursday.
Highlights Every Day Until Friday
Every day, there will be new opportunities to meet, network, collaborate, share, inspire and be inspired by your fellow SOCAP attendees. Check the SOCAP blog every morning for daily highlights and Pathable throughout the day to learn more about speakers and attendees, plan your schedule, initiate discussions, and more.
- Doors open to Festival Pavilion at 7:30 AM tomorrow. A breakfast buffet will be available
- Yogi Marlon Hall will be leading yoga and meditation classes in an outdoor area behind the Firehouse between 7:30 AM – 8:15 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Yoga mats will be available.
- Join the Gender Lens Investing Champions Breakfast in the Big Top Tent between 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM tomorrow and Thursday. (A buffet breakfast will be available in Festival Pavilion beginning at 7:30 AM. Pick up your plate and then walk over to the tent to join the gender lens conversation).
- Plan to stay for the Wednesday Wine Down at 6 PM and the screening of American Factory starting at 7PM tomorrow.
Have a friend or colleague that should be part of the conversations taking place during SOCAP19? Tell them it is not too late to join us! Day passes are still available.