Join Impact Hub Berkeley, SOCAP, David Brower Center, The Lexicon of Sustainability and founders of some of the most innovative and sustainable food businesses in the Bay Area on March 19 for an exploration of our local food system. How can food systems nurture the local economy and create jobs? How can a local food system enable access to healthy sustainable food for all? What is needed for local food systems to thrive? Where do the gaps and opportunities exist?
6:00 – 6:30 pm
Arrival and opportunity to visit The Lexicon of Sustainability exhibit, an art and information project on food in America.
6:30 – 6:45 pm
Introductory remarks by Douglas Gayeton, Filmmaker and Photographer, The Lexicon of Sustainability.
6:45 – 8:00 pm
Panel discussion and Q & A: “Local Food, Local Economies – Exploring the Bay Area Food System”
- Brahm Ahmadi, Founder and CEO, People’s Community Market
- Dana Frasz, Founder and Director, Food Shift
- Thomas Nelson, Co-Founder and President, Capay Valley Farm Shop
- Rob Spiro, Co-Founder and CEO, Good Eggs
- Twilight Greenaway, Managing Editor, Civil Eats (moderator)