Position Title: Programming Associate, SOCAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Social Capital Markets (SOCAP) is a world-renowned conference series dedicated to accelerating the market at the intersection of money and meaning. Our annual flagship event in San Francisco is the world’s largest gathering for impact investors and social entrepreneurs. We take a unique approach that emphasizes cross-sector convening and gathers voices across a broad spectrum to catalyze unexpected yet impactful connections. Now heading into our ninth year, SOCAP has convened more than 12,000 people since our founding in 2008.
SOCAP is operated by Mission Hub LLC (MissionHUB), a certified B Corporation founded in 2009 and based in San Francisco. In addition to SOCAP, MissionHUB owns and operates four Impact Hubs in San Francisco, Berkeley, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
We are seeking a Programming Associate to curate and coordinate programming for SOCAP convenings, reporting to the Director of Programming. Candidates should have demonstrated interest and commitment to the field of impact investing, and be curious about the potential for market-driven impact across all sectors of social and environmental change. Strong candidates will have an existing understanding of the landscape of investors, foundations, intermediaries, and social entrepreneur networks that are building the social capital markets, as well as experience in organizing speakers and events.
The SOCAP Programming Associate will research, curate, and coordinate content sessions for SOCAP convenings, primarily focused on the annual SOCAP Conference which includes over 140 breakout sessions and over 400 speakers. Programming includes panels, workshops, and special programs related to SOCAP themes and partners. This role also coordinates with marketing, partnerships, and production teams to ensure smooth execution of SOCAP programs.
- Research trends, organizations, and thought leaders in impact investing and social enterprise to identify timely content areas.
- Explore innovative program formats to facilitate knowledge sharing, engagement, and ongoing collaboration by attending industry events and staying abreast of other leading conferences.
- Engage the SOCAP community, Impact Hub members, content experts and partner organizations to solicit session ideas and guide these ideas through to execution. The majority of SOCAP sessions originate from members of our community.
- Prioritize an inclusive program, including considerations of gender, race/ethnicity, age, international participation in all programming elements.
- Coordinate content production including: drafting/editing session descriptions, session scheduling, speaker registration, intake of A/V and special room requests, prep calls, and on-site coordination.
- 3-5 years work experience
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing
- Experience in event production or content curation
- Ability to synthesize multiple perspectives and develop compelling narratives
- Demonstrated project management capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and completing work with little supervision
- Creative problem solver, able to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time, salaried role with benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Lindsay Smalling, Director of Programming at email@example.com by January 15, 2016.