Welcome to Wednesday at SOCAP17! Here are a few selected activities happening around Fort Mason on the second day of the Social Capital Markets Conference:
Gender Lens Investing Champions Breakfast
Start your Wednesday morning with a gender lens conversation over breakfast in the Big Top Tent beginning at 7:30 AM. Come back again to the same place at the same time on Thursday morning to continue the conversation.
Wednesday Morning Plenary: A Global Movement with Room to Grow
Come to the Festival Mainstage for the Wednesday morning plenary session between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM. Impact industry pioneers will reflect on how far we’ve come in the past decade while envisioning the roadmap for the next ten years. Plenary speakers include:
- Daniel Borok, Newark Venture Partners
- Emmett Carson, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Kesha Cash, Impact America Fund
- Kartik Desai, Asha Impact
- Luis Duarte, Gary Community Investments
- Patricia Farrar-Rivas, Veris Wealth Partners
- Bart Houlahan, B Corporation
- Giselle Leung, Global Impact Investing Network
- Clara Miller, Heron Foundation
- Satya Nitta, IBM Research
- Matt Onek, Mission Investors Exchange
- Tracy Palandjian, Social Finance
- Fran Seegull, U.S. Impact Investing Alliance
- Achim Steiner, United Nations
- Miljana Vujosevic, CFA, Prudential
Community-Curated Discussions @ SOCAP17
If there is a topic or focus area you would like to lead a discussion on at SOCAP17, you are invited to convene your own community discussion. The Impact Hub Hosts will help you find a time and an on-campus location where you can meet and add it to Pathable.
Acre Gourmet will be serving lunch in Festival Pavilion and in the Big Top between 12 PM and 2 PM. Sessions run concurrently throughout the day without a break, so plan some time in your mid-day schedule to eat or pick up lunch to take to your next session.
Free Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
Look for the Ben & Jerry’s Cowmobile at Fort Mason beginning at 4 PM today. All attendees are invited to come get a free ice cream between 4 and 6 PM today only.
At 6 PM, come join your fellow SOCAP17 attendees in the Impact Hub Pop-UP in Festival Pavilion for our traditional Wine Down happy hour. There will be several community networking groups happening during the Wine Down that will help you meet colleagues from your local area.
- Washington DC: meet under the blue banners, at the tables with blue placemats.
- Bay Area: meet under the green banners, at the tables with green placemats.
- New York City: meet under the red banners, at the tables with red placemats.
America Divided Screening
At the end of the day, come to the Southside Theater at 6:30 PM to watch a special screening of the series America Divided, which follows correspondents including Common, Rosario Dawson, America Ferrera, Zach Galifianakis, Norman Lear, Amy Poehler, Peter Sarsgaard, and Jesse Williams as they explore narratives around inequality in education, housing, healthcare, labor, criminal justice, and the political system.
Following the screening, America Divided creator and executive producer Solly Granatstein will join DJ, composer, and producer J.PERIOD (Hamilton Mixtape) and AJ Jones II, Chief of Staff at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, for a Q&A session.